Ance, born in Rīga, is an interdisciplinary designer and researcher of storytelling objects and experiences. She translates in-depth research into meaningful narratives and user experiences.
She is an alumnus of the Design Academy Eindhoven, with the projects Pollination Equipment and House of Disinformation. Her graduate project at the RCA combines 3D data-collecting technologies and narratives of landscape that hold ever-changing identities and complex meanings.
Her previous education includes photography, graphic design, textiles, and classical arts. This mix of skills and knowledge is used to power a holistic, multi-sensorial experience design, where the underlying message is communicated through powerful yet accessible and intriguing aesthetics. These in turn are driven by diverse research, drawing on a wide range of research methods, including but not limited to the infield, material, digital, and journalism.
2020 - 2022 MA in Information Experience Design, Royal College of Art
2015 - 2019 BA (Hons) Design Academy Eindhoven
2011 - 2015 Riga Art and Design Secondary School
2012 - 2014 Photography Diploma, Riga Professional Photography School
- WATERSCHOOL’S GARDEN OF DELIGHT IN ALCOVA MILAN, 2022 5 June — 12 June
- DESIGN FEST GHENT, 2022 April 22 - May 1
- IABR—DOWN TO EARTH: WATERSCHOOL M4H+ AT DUTCH DESIGN WEEK 2021 October 16-24 -International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam, IABR- DOWN TO EARTH 2021 June-August
- Proximity/Distance satellite show London 2021
- DDW Design Academy Eindhoven Graduation Show 2019 October 19-28
- Textile Museum Tilburg 2018 February
- MAD summer school exhibition 2018 August 12-25
- Baltic Design Fair 2015 September
- Latvian Art School Drawing competition (1st place) exhibition 2015 March